12.02.2005

Author: Michael Symmons Roberts
Book: The Miracles of Jesus
Description: The miracle accounts of the New Testament describe how Jesus could calm the storms with a word . . . heal the sick. But are these accounts true?

I'm going to purchase this novel. Outside of the Bible, I haven't read any books supporting Jesus on a historical level or anything that reveals and documents the reality of biblical characters and events. Lately, I have questioned myself and others about the belief system I inherited from my kin - without question of course, especially since my mother was a minister (as was the majority of her friends) and my great-grandfather was the pastor of Hills Avenue Baptist Church. My purpose is to know God for myself. Is God Real? Is God there to help or simply watching? Currently I'm reading Dancing the Dream by Jamie Sams. The book was given to me by Mak about two years ago. I started reading it two years ago but put it aside. I may not have been ready for it at the time. I am now. It is enlightening, on a level outside of what Christianity "taught" me. I like that she refers to God as The Great Mystery.

No comments: