12.27.2006

Who Will Be James Brown

One of my favorite directors, Spike Lee, is to direct the James Brown Movie (I was wondering when this would happen . . .

This particular project had been in the works prior to Brown's death and even had the musician's input during development, especially regarding music rights.

The Paramount Pictures production is tentatively scheduled to begin in 2008.



Now, who in the world is capable of playing James Brown? Who, besides Jamie Foxx, has the talent to act and sing beyond the normal call? AND add to that, dance!!!!

Hmmmm, let's see:

Bobby Brown. is certainly the dramatic one (on and off stage, mostly off I believe but he can sing and dance.

Eddie Murphy. Comedians are great in dramatic roles. Although he sings, I'm not sure about him channeling James Brown's voice (or fancy foot moves).

Leon from the 5 Heartbeats, Waiting to Exhale & The Temptations - he played an interesting David Ruffin.

Prince. My favorite multi-talented artist. He's the most talented of them all and some of his moves are classic James Brown but his acting (and I LOVE PRINCE yes I do!) isn't strong enough (Under the Cherry Moon, BLAH!) but who knows . . . still I just can't see him as James Brown.

Sisco (ex lead singer of Dru Hill - famous for the "Thong Song") -- mmmmmaybe.

Andre from Outkast. If Laurence Fishburne can play Ike in "What's Love Got to Do With It," then certainly . . .

Or perhaps an "unknown" would be better suited.

No comments: