3.17.2012

Great Things this Spring (2012)


Great things are happening this spring; Hunger Games movie (March), Game of Thrones television series (April), and Home a new novel by Toni Morrison (May). I intend to purchase a hardcover of Home, for which a Morrison novel is worthy! I love ebooks but not for Morrison; her books, even the one I never completed and didn't particularly like, do not deserve to arrive as an e-book. A Morrison novel deserves the attention of letters on paper, pages to touch and feel between fingers - lifted and turned (sometimes dog-eared), a hard cover with a spine (A SPINE!!!), and after completion, placed on a bookshelf as a permanent home.

And of course, my personal endeavors: I am working on two novellas - one fantasy, one drama/slice-of-life. The stories won't be completed for spring but it's a great thing that I am working on them in the midst of such a great spring (actually it is still winter, but we never had a winter here - it's been spring all along ;-)!

No comments: