3.15.2007

The Evil that Men Do


photo by Chris Viola


This photo breaks my heart all the more. The anguish on his little 10-year old face and the tears. His brother's body, 6-year-old Christopher Michael Barrios, was found today and when I heard it on the news, I cried. My heart was already burdened when I heard that he was missing and just when I thought it could not get any heavier, it did -- as if this child was my own.

George David Edenfield, a mentally slow 32-year-old man who lived with his parents across the street from the boy's grandmother, was arrested and charged with violating his probation from a 1997 child molestation conviction, which prohibits him from contact with children. Police said he admitted playing a role in Christopher's disappearance, but they would not be more specific.

No comments: