11.14.2007

Red feather for a bookmark


Red feather for a bookmark
Originally uploaded by darnib

I love Anne Rice. I hadn't read anything written by her until Mak telephoned me about a month ago and suggested I read The Vampire Lestat. And I fell for the book and its author. So much so that I went to the library and checked out The Witching Hour. Yes, though the book is long (tediously so - over 900 pages within a hardback), I read it but admit to skipping pages that bored me because the author felt it necessary to beat a dead horse, repeating things over and over and over and over and over and . . .. I didn't skip much because that's how you get lost and I loved the story so much so that I didn't want to get lost.

After reading Witching Hour, no doubt I had to turn to Lasher and I, the fiend that I have become, devours pages daily. I haven't skipped one page of this big thick book. Oh No! Can't do that. I love how she tells the story. I love the voices, the characters are richly described - you love them or hate them and sometimes feel yourself somewhere in between. I'm almost done with Lasher and will return to the Vampire Chronicles next -- well after I've read The Late Great Planet Earth.

** Update: I'm done reading Lasher as of Wednesday evening. Ugh on the ending but overall I enjoyed the read.

No comments: